RULES & REGULATIONS
RULES FOR RENTING
General rules & requirements when renting from Silverback Offroad Rental
- Bring a valid non-expired drivers license with you.
- If bringing children that need to be in a car seat, you are required to supply your own Child Safety Seat and it must be front facing, and can only be used in Jeeps. Michigan Child Safety laws do apply in these vehicles.
- If renting a Jeep you must show proof of full coverage insurance with comp & collision.
- If renting a UTV and bringing children, they must be at least 5 years of age and in their booster seat, as well as be able to reach the grab bar.
- Eye wear is required by the Michigan DNR. You may wear eyeglasses, sunglasses, or full cover goggles. We will provide helmets and goggles with every UTV and Quad.
- The minimum rental time is 1-hour for any of our vehicles, no exceptions.
- A $500 deposit is required on every machine rented.
- If you are pregnant, it is not recommended to ride in an ORV.
- Operating any type of vehicle on the sand dunes comes with a certain amount of risk.
- Operating a rental unit on the sand dunes is at your own risk.
- Silverback Offroad Rental LLC does not assume liability for personal injury, loss, theft, or property damage.
- Read the entire rental agreement prior to signing to ensure you understand the risks of operating a rental unit on the Silver Lake Sand Dunes.
- Arrive 30 mins - 1 hour prior to your reservation to allow time for checking in, a safety training video and learning how to operate the vehicle.
- If you are running late, the rental window does not change. We need the 30 min prior to the rental time to get you checked in and go through our safety and training procedure.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation for your rental please contact us at least 3 days prior to your schedule reservation.
- If you are not from the Midwest please ensure your watch/phone is set to Michigan time (Eastern Standard Time). This will ensure that you show up on time and return your rental on time.